1. Here We Go- I love circles! This is a favorite of mine using Pink Paislee's Fancy Free. It was fun to get multiple pictures on a LO and it also has my faves messy threads, watercolors, and enamel dots.
3. Joy Bella Blvd Holly Jolly Christmas and Illustrated Faith CHRISTmas I paired this collection with a Just Nick cut file--because I love circles (and my little reindeer)!!
4. Ry This was for Cut It Up December-- which you still have until January 6th to play along. Post your LO using this free cut file to our Facebook PIFF group and get another chance at winning a gift card to the store! I used the mini collection #whatever by Simple Stories. Playing with mixed media is always a must!
5. First Snow of the Season with Pinkfresh Studio. Love these modern designs for the holidays and winter!
6. Snow Day using Crate Paper Snow and Cocoa. I have more of this in my stash and need to create with it. I love the pinks and fun colors for winter! More free cut files from PI on this one!
7. Boo Crew- Bella Blvd Spooktacular collection. This was for Scraplift Sunday at PI. This was a lift by our fave mixed media teammate, Orange Gearle.
8. Summer Speaks in Flowers- Pink Paislee Fancy Free, I used the circles again, but this time to showcase ombre, and I love how it turned out!
9. You are My Fave- Using We R High Five-- I love to use cut files and handstitch/machine stitch. I need to do more handstitching in 2017. I love the look of it.
10. St. John USVI Circles again--with handstitching! This was inspired by a sketch by Ashley Horton. I loved this summer collection Here We Go by Simple Stories. I found that using the Silhouette sketch pens is a great way to create a stitching template for LOs.
11. Love Your Sweet, Silly Smiles Mix It Up Monday challenge at Paper Issues prompted this fun one by using the packaging technique, straws and using my long lost punches! I love the Cute Girl collection by Crate Paper!
12. Sparkle & Shine for the Roll the Dice challenge (6 photos!) I used Simple Stories-Posh. I love the navy and gold in this collection. This was a special story about my daughter donating her hair for the second time. She is such a special girl to do this, especially with her thick hair--such a gift!
13. Hello This was a scraplift of my star mixed media LO. I love my fringe scissors and used them multiple times this year. I love the ombre effect of the water colors with this fave striped paper in the Cute Girl collection from Crate Paper.
14. Hello Sunshine & Beautiful Moments This was for an August challenge using the Echo Park summer papers. I love this beachy vibe. I was so thrilled when my photo tied right into the natural lines and gradient of the background paper. I also am thrilled when I can stashbust multiple items from different collections!
15. You Are My Happy This was for Paper Issues Amy Tangerine spotlight with her Oh Happy Life collection. I was beyond thrilled when Amy Tan reposted this LO on her social media. Washi tape is a fun thing to collect and hard to use up or even begin to think of ways to incorporate it at times. This was inspired by a Maggie Holmes paper as well as a Shimelle paper. Washi works great in as a DIY background paper design element!
16. A Red Cup of Good Cheer This was another Mix It Up Monday challenge. I added the red cup circles, silver mist, silver stitched stars, papers and acrylic piece by Elle's Studio. I was inspired by Sherry C. last year as she scrapped a red cup and made sure I actually did a LO this year using them. The circles were easy to cut out of the fun designs printed on the cups! Also, need I mention CIRCLES?!! I know it was a common theme of mine in 2016!
So that's my wrap up of some of my top 16 favorite layouts of 2016.
It was so hard to pick my top 16 favorites from a year where I have documented with so many collections, pictures, and new techniques.
I haven't counted how many pages I have created in the past year, but I think it's been a lot!
I need to keep a tally of pages and cards made in 2017!
Wishing you all the best in the year ahead!
As always, if you'd like to save 20% at Paper Issues, here's my code to help you save- Stacie