Monday, November 14, 2016

Beautiful Smile

Today it's all about getting messy at Paper Issues with a new Mix It Up Monday.
The challenge this month is stamping and using stamping in a variety of ways.

This process was fun and tiring all in one.  I would stamp a few images and then quickly add the embossing powder and run over to my heat wand.  A few times I had to emboss the circles a second time as they were too faint..  I added messy stripes of water color to match with colors in Amy Tangerine's collection.

I embossed two different circles stamps.  The Amy Tangerine stamp crosshatch circle and the other was from my stash.

I painted and mixed the gelatos over the letters on the white foam Thicker title.  I love the red polka dot paper (side B) of the Around Town paper from this collection.

I added ephemera and clear acetate pieces since haven't used many of them, I challenged myself to put them in the design.  I also used clear stickers from the sticker booklet for the rest of the design details.  Since the painted and stamped background is busy, I kept the rest at a minimum!
Isn't this the cutest?  The dragonfly landed on his shoulder and stayed there for the longest time!

I hope you are inspired to try some new techniques with your stamps and mixed media on your projects!  Share with us on Instagram or in our Facebook PIFF group!  We'd love to see what you create!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!