Saturday, May 9, 2015

Make It Happen

As it was Teacher Appreciation Week at school, I wanted to create a page to document my love of what I do!  I have been a teacher since 1997 and love my career choice to work with kids!  I started teaching third grade in California and when we moved back to Minnesota in 2010, I changed to teaching special education.  I have enjoyed the challenges to push myself professionally and continued my education with a working on a master's degree in special education. But, my heart has been calling me back to third grade, so here I go!
I loved adding the heart target cut file from Paper Issues store to tuck the cards and circles into.  My school picture is framed by a chalkboard free printable also found at Paper Issues. It was a fun way to tie in concept of this page which is the heart of the matter: getting back to third grade!
Our school did a cool anti-bullying campaign in the fall to "chalk up positive messages" so that picture also added meaning to my page. The third grade card was from a MAMBI school pocket pages kit.
I included more green elements and found these round stickers from Evalicious and cut out the green circle "Make it Happen" from Amy Tangerine's Rise and Shine collection.  

This page is linking up to Paper Issues Chalk It Up issue on the Paper Issues blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment! I appreciate it!